download PDF

Abstract

Anthroponyms are an important means of refl ection of worldview, mentality, national culture and history of a nation. Moreover, anthroponyms as a result of secondary nomination, function as a rich motivational base for other names, transferring at the same time connotative value to these names. Therefore, the study of personal names as a part of other names, in particular, as part of phytonyms sheds light on many insuffi ciently studied issues of both phytonyms and anthroponyms. The aim of this article is to determine the national specifi c features of anthroponyms as a part of phytonyms in English, Russian and Uzbek languages. To attain this goal, phytonyms with anthroponyms sourced from ancient and biblical legends, myths, literary works and typical names closely associated with British, Russian, Uzbek folklore and life are analyzed from nominative and motivational viewpoint in comparative aspect. The analysis is done by dividing phytonyms with anthroponyms into special motivational groups (1. Anthroponyms – the names of religious fi gures; 2. Anthroponyms – the names of mythological characters; 3. Anthroponyms – the most common names). By carrying out the analysis, unique features of anthroponyms transferred into plant names are clearly identifi ed in the compared languages. The way culture and history of every nation is refl ected in the language by anthroponym transformation into phytonym is also shown.

Keywords

English, Russian and Uzbek phytonyms, anthroponyms, national identity

Mokhirukh M. Khoshimkhujayeva

National University of Uzbekistan, Uzbekistan, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Berestnyeva, A.V. 2008: Nazvaniya ekzoticheskih rasteniy v angliyskom i russkom yazykah: strukturno-slovoobrazovatel’nyy i nominativno-motivacionnyy aspekty. Maykop.

Dubrovina, S.Yu. 2006: Hristianskaya leksika v dialektah russkogo yazyka. Tambov.

Gottlieb, H., Mogensen, J.E., Zettersten, A.W. 2002: Symposium on Lexicography X. In: Proceedings of the Tenth International Symposium on Lexicography May 4–6, 2000. Copenhagen.

Kolosova, V.B. 2008a: Antroponimy v slavyanskoy fi tonimike. Antropologicheskiy forum 9, 263–276.

Kolosova, V.B. 2010b: Bogorodichnye travy v russkoy kul’ture. Russkaya rech’ 4, 98–104.

Konovalova, N.I. 2000a: Slovar’ narodnyh nazvaniy rasteniy Urala. Ekaterinburg.

Konovalova, N.I. 2000b: Slovesnye obrazy kak kumulyaciya kul’turno-mifologicheskih predstavleniy v sisteme narodnoy fi tonimii. In: N.I. Konovalova (red.), Izmenyayushchiysya yazykovoy mir: materialy dokladov mezhdunarodnoy nauchnoy konferencii, Perm’, 12–17 noyabrya 2000 g. Perm’, 208–210.

Kuchesheva, I.L. 2012a: Imena sobstvennye kak terminy v pod”yazyke angliyskoy lingvokul’tury: avtoref. dis. ... kand. fi lol. nauk. Omsk.

Kuchesheva, I.L. 2012b: Lingvokul’turnaya spetsifi ka terminov-mifonimov (na materiale angliyskogo yazyka). Filologicheskie nauki. Omskiy nauchnyy vestnik 5 (112), 152–154.

Kun, N.A. 1922: Legendy i mify Drevney Gretsii, http:// http://mify.org/kun/115.shtml

Superanskaya, A.V. 1977: Istoricheskaya onomastika. Institut yazykoznaniya. Moscow.

Umralieva, R.D. 2016: Etimologicheskiy analiz angliyskih fi tonimov s komponentom «imya». In: XXXVIII Mezhdunarodnaya nauchno-prakticheskaya konferentsiya «Nauchnoe soobshchestvo studentov XXI stoletiya. Gumanitarnye Nauki». Novosibirsk.

Wright, E.M. 2014: Rustic Speech and Folk-Lore. Oxford.

Zinov’eva, E.M. 2014: Simvolika blagosloveniya v nominatsii narodnyh nazvaniy rasteniy. Sovremennaya lingvistika i literaturovedenie 4 (062), 132–138.