download PDF

Abstract

The article analyses basic concepts of any linguistic culture. The authors consider that gastronomic and Bacchic conceptospheres are axiologically signifi cant for national mentality characteristic. Linguistic culture of food and drink is regarded as a part of the national linguistic culture that can infl uence the formation and development of ethnoculture. Linguistic cognitive and linguistic cultural approaches to data analysis and observation of culture of food and drink in different spheres allow to consider it as the key factor of the national culture understanding as a whole, they become a means of the national picture of the world reconstruction. Within these approaches the authors concede linguistic cultural or conceptual fi elds to be the most important. Linguistic cultural fi eld combines linguistic and extralinguistic (cultural) information. The notion “conceptual fi eld” is one of the key notions in cultural linguistics. The aim of linguistic culture of food and drink description within the given paradigm is not only to put every linguistic form in line with its cognitive analog, its conceptual or cognitive structure, but also to set tactics of name forming and processes of coagulation. The peculiarity of the proposed method involves its focus on linguistic congnitive-discursive paradigm that is engaged in scientifi c relations with cultural linguistics, cognitive linguistics, social linguistics, semiotics and lexical semantics. Thus, interdisciplinary nature of food and drink culture studies is determined, on the one hand, by the character of the object itself (the connection between the material and the ideal, between the language and the consciousness in food and drink culture), on the other hand, by the modern stage of the humanities development: by their active convergence, synthesis and interaction of research areas.

Keywords

Concept, linguistic conceptology, linguistic culturology, linguistic culture of food, linguistic culture of drink, semantic fi eld, conceptosphere, multiculturalism

Elena V. Pozhidaeva

Pushkin State Russian Language Institute, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Natalia A. Koz’ko

Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Alefirenko, N.F. 2006: Yazyk, poznanie, kul’tura: Kognitivno-semiologicheskaya sinergetika slova. Volgograd.

Belenko, E.V. 2006: Kontseptosfera «Produkty pitaniya» v natsional’noy yazykovoy kartine mira. Chelyabinsk.

Belyakova, O.V. 2007: Lingvokul’turnyy aspect yazykovoy nominatsii: na materiale angloyazychnyh lingvokul’turnyh stsenariev «Poseshchenie restorana», «Poseshchenie kinoteatra », «Bytovoe obsluzhivanie». Samara.

Ermakova, L.R. 2010: Glyuttonicheskaya nominatsiya v etnokul’turnom aspekte, http://www. rusnauka.com/28_PRNT_2011/Philologia/9_94631.doc.htm

Gashimov, E.A. 2005: Strukturno-semanticheskie i pragmaticheskie harakteristiki angliyskogo lingvokul’turnogo koda: na materiale leksiko-frazeologicheskogo polya «produkty pitaniya». Samara.

Golovnitskaya, N.P. 2007: Lingvokul’turnye harakteristiki nemetskogo gastronomicheskogo diskursa. Volgograd.

Gumilyev, L.N. 1994: Etnogenez i biosfera Zemli. Moscow.

Karasik, V.I. 2007: Yazykovye klyuchi. Volgograd.

Koz’ko, N.A. 2012: Lingvokul’turnye osobennosti kontsepta «spirtnye napitki» v angliyskom yazyke. Problemy istorii, fi lologii, kul’tury 1, 334–343.

Kubryakova, E.S. 1997: Kratkiy slovar’ kognitivnyh terminov. Moscow.

Kubryakova, E.S. 2004: Ob ustanovkah kognitivnoy nauki i aktual’nyh problemah kognitivnoy lingvistiki. Izvestiya AN 3 (63), 3–12.

Mironova, I.K. 2002: Kontseptosfera «eda» v russkom natsional’nom soznanii: bazovye kognitivno- propozitsionnye struktury i ih leksicheskie reprezentatsii. Ekaterinburg.

Morel’ Morel’, D.A. 2012: Naimenovaniya napitkov v natsional’nyh kartinah mira: sopostavitel’nyi aspect issledovaniya (na material russkogo, frantsuzskogo i angliyskogo yazykov). Moscow.

Olyanich, A.V. 2004: Prezentatsionnaya teoria discursa. Volgograd.

Rapay, K. 2008: Kul’turnyy kod: Kak my zhivyem, chto pokupaem i pochemu. Moscow.

Reymer, Yu.V. 2011: Lingvosemiotika vakhicheskoy kul’tury v russkom i nemetskom yazykah. Volgograd.

Terkulov, V.I. 2011: Lingval’naya kognitologiya, http://ifl .uspu.ru/images/stories/books/sbornik_ 1_2011.pdf

Undritsova, M.V. 2012: Gastronomicheskiy diskurs: lingvokul’turologicheskiy i perevodcheskiy aspekty, http://lomonosov-msu.ru/uploaded/800/dvd/structure_25_1863.htm

Vezhbitskaya, A. 1996: Yazyk. Kul’tura. Poznanie. Moscow.

Vorkachyev, S.G. 2002: Metodologicheskie osnovaniya lingvokontseptologii. Teoreticheskaya i prikladnaya lingvistika 3, 79–95.

Vorkachyev, S.G. 2007: K plyuralizmu v lingvistike: contsept kontsepta. Aktual’nye problemy filologii i pedagogicheskoy lingvistiki 15, 19–24.

Vorob’yeva, S.V. Lingvosemioticheskaya spetsifi ka angloyazychnogo srednevekovogo gastronomicheskogo diskursa. Vestnik Nizhegorodskogo gosudarsrvennogo lingvisticheskogo un-ta im. N.A. Dobrolyubova 12, 32–43.

Zagidullina, M.V. 2007: Ratsion: Natsional’naya idea. Chelyabinsk.

Zaharov, S.V. 2008: Lingvosemiotika anglosaksonskoy institutsional’noy glyuttonii. Volgograd.