download PDF

Abstract

The article is dedicated to the issue of the formation of Roman provinces in Africa. The conclusion about positive role of the Roman provincial administration in the political, economic and social life of African provinces, which become a real food supplier of a large quantity of wheat and olive oil to Rome, the capital of the Empire, to be distributed among the urban population is drawn. The formation of the Roman provinces in Africa was of key importance for the socio-economic and cultural development of the region. It contributed to the expansion of classic conception of slavery, civilized forms of economic, social and cultural life and the eradication of primitive and early class relations.However, one should take in consideration that it happened against the background of the intense exploitation of slave labor, small landowners and artisans.

Keywords

Africa, Rome, formation of provinces, slavery, civilized

Kuralambay Bembaye. Tula State Lev Tolstoy Pedagogical University, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Avdiev, V.I. 1970: Pamjatniki kul’tury drevnego Tunisa. Voprosy istorii VI 8, 205–209.

Bondarenko, D.M. 1997: Teorija civilizacii i dinamika istoricheskogo processa v dokolonial’noj Tropicheskoj Afrike. Moscow.

Bjuttner, T. 1981: Istorija Afriki s drevnejshih vremen. Moscow.

Dmitrevskij, Ju.D. 1961: Nekotorye voprosy irrigacii v Afrike. Strany i narody Vostoka 2, 61–63.

Zhjul’en, Sh.-A. 1961: Istorija Severnoj Afriki. Tunis. Alzhir. Marokko. S drevnejshih vremen do arabskogo zavoevanija (647 g.). T. I. Moscow.

Kolobov, A.B. 1990: Semejnoe polozhenie legionerov v zapadnyh provincijah rimskoj Imperii pri Julijah-Klavdijah. Vestnik MGU. Serija Istorija 6, 46–63.

Kolosovskaja, Ju.K. 1973: Pannonija v I- III.vv. n.je. Moscow.

Mommzen, T. 1994: Istorija Rima. T.5. Saint-Petersburg.

Lazareva, V. 1980: Drevnerimskie pamjatniki v Alzhire. Azija i Afrika segodnja 7, 17–23.

Le Bojek, Ja. 2001: Rimskaja armija jepohi Rannej imperii. Moscow.

Mahlajuk, A.B. 2003: Rimskie vojny. Pod znakom Marsa. Moscow.

Mashkin, H.A. 1956: Istorija drevnego Rima. Moscow.

Poplinskij, Ju.K. 1983: Opyt tipologii istochnikov po drevnej istorii Severnoj Afriki i

Sahary. In: N. A. Mashkin (red.), Afrikanskij sbornik. Istorija. Jetnografi ja. M., 26–38.

Semenov, V.V. 2003: Imperatorskoe zemlevladenie i razvitie kolonatnyh otnoshenij v severnoj Afrike. Mnemon. Issledovanija i publikacii po antichnoj istorii 2, 237–279.

Sergeev, I.P. 1999: Rimskaja imperija v III veke nashej jery. Har’kov.

Benabou, M. 1976: Résistance et Romanisation en Afrique du Nord sous le Haut-Empire. Paris.

Hamman, A.G. 1979: La vie quotidienne en Afrique du Nord au temps de Saint Auguste. Paris.

Roman, Y. 2001: Empereurs et sénateurs. Une histoire politique de l’Empire romain. Paris.