download PDF

Abstract

The Nagaybaks as the new identity appears in the 18th – 19th centuries. The main ethnic marking signs were the religious, social class, ethno-cultural and language affi liation. The history of formation, development and infl uence on the ethnic appearance of Nagaybaks have been described in previous publications, including this journal. In the 1920s-1930s with the loss of caste and religious identities the Nagaybaks language became almost the only ethnic identifi cation sign. In accordance with the newly adopted codifi cation of the principle of population by ethnicity Nagaybaks since the late 1930s have been excluded from the list of nationalities of the USSR and became a part of the population, fi xed by the ethnic name “Tatars”. One of the reasons for this was the fact that the language of Nagaybaks according to the linguistic classifi cation was included in the system of dialects of the middle dialect of the Tatar language. By the end of the 1990s there was a contradiction between the offi cial status of ethnic and linguistic identities of Nagaybaks and their folk understanding. Nagaybaks, preserving ethnic identity distinct from the Tatars, also positioned their fi rst language not as the Tatar, but as regional. In 2015, regional ethnographers created the dictionary in which the spelling of the vocabulary produced not by taking into account literary norms of the Tatar, as it was before, but in accordance with the phonetic characteristics of regional dialect. The existence of regional linguistic identity is confi rmed by our fi eld studies conducted in 2005–2015. The peculiarity of the language situation among Nagaybaks is that over the past century, the functioning of the native language has decreased signifi cantly in favor of Russian. However, the attitude to the native language as the main ethnic mark has not only preserved but even strengthened. The acuteness of a problem is increased by scientifi c and public discussion about the linguistic status of the native language of nagaybak.

Keywords

Ethnology of Transurals, identity, linguistics, Nagaybaks

Irek R. Atnagulov, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Abashin, S.N. 2009: Vozvrashchenie sartov? Metodologiya i ideologiya v postsovetskikh nauchnykh diskussiyakh. Antropologicheskiy forum 10, 252–278.

Alpatov, V.M. 2002: Reforma allfavita: latinitsa ili kirillitsa? http://www.ca-c.org/ journal/2002/journal_rus/cac-02/15.alpru.shtml

Atnagulov, I.R. 2015: Identichnosti nagaybakov: genezis, struktura, dinamika. Chelyabinsk.

Atnagulov. I.R. 2015: Sotsiokulturnye praktiki i struktura identichnostey nagaybakov po materialam ekspeditsiy 2014–2015. Nauchnye vedomosti BelGU. Seriya «Istoriya, ekonomika, politologiya i informatika» 19(26), 36, 136–144.

Atnagulov, I.R. 2006: Yazykovaya situatsiya u nagaybakov kak sostavlyayushchaya etnicheskoy identichnosti. Problemy istorii, fi lologii, kultury XVI/2, 390–396.

Bagin, S. 1910: Ob otpadenii v magometanstvo kreshchyenykh inorodtsev Kazanskoy eparkhii i o prichinakh etogo pechalnogo yavleniya. Pravoslavny sobesednik 1, 119.

Baryshnikova, O.I. 2015: Nagaybaksko-russkiy slovar. Russko-nagaybakskiy slovar. Magnitogorsk.

Bayazitova, F.S. 1986: Govory tatar-kryashen v sravnitelnom osveshchenii. Moscow.

Bayazitova, F.S. 1995: K rekonstruktsii traditsionnoy kultury nagaybakov (obryad I tekst). In Nagaybaki (kompleksnoye issledovaniye gruppy kreshchyenykh tatar-kazakov). Kazan, 94– 117.

Bekteyeva, E.A. 1902: Nagaybaki. (Kreshchyenye tatary Orenburgskoy gubernii). Zhivaya starina II, 165–181.

Bromley, Y.V. 1983: Ocherki teorii etnosa. Moscow.

Vitevskiy, V.N. 1897: I.I. Neplyuev I Orenburgskiy kray v prezhnem yego sostave do 1758 goda. T. II. Kazan.

Vitevskiy, V.N. 1891: Skazki, zagadki i pesni nagaybakov Verkhneuralskogo uyezda Orenburgskoy gubernii. In: Trudy IV Arkheologicheskogo Sezda v Rossii. T. II. Kazan, 257–286.

Dal’, V.I. 2000: Tolkovy slovar zhivogo velikorusskogoyazyka: v chetyryekh tomakh. T. I. Moscow.

Zakiyev, M.Z. 1996: Tatarskiy yazyk. Yazyki mira: tyurkskie yazyki. Moscow.

Iskhakov, D.M. 1993: Etnografi cheskiye gruppy tatar Volgo-Uralskogo regiona (printsipy vydeleniya, formirovaniye, rasseleniye i demografi ya). Kazan.

Katanov, N.F. 1898: Otchyet o poezdke, sovershyennoy s 1 iyunya 1897 goda po 20 avgusta togo zhe goda v Belebeyevskiy I Menzelinskiy uezdy Ufi mskoy gubernii. In: Uchyenye zapiski Kazanskogo universiteta. Kazan. Kn. I, 1–37.

Mineyev, P.M. 2008: Po beregam reki Gumbeyki. Chelyabinsk.

Nebolsin, P.I. 1852: Otchyet o puteshestvii v Orenburgskiy I Astrakhanskiy kray. Vestnik IRGO. C. IV. Kn. I, 1–34.

Postanovleniye Pravitelstva Rossiyskoy Federatsii 24 marta 2000 goda № 255 «O edinom perechne korennykh malochislennykh narodov Rossiyskoy Federatsii», http://demoscope. ru/weekly/knigi/zakon/zakon047.html

Ramazanova, D.B. 1995: Nekotorye nablyudeniya nad sistemoy terminov rodstva I svoystva nagaybakov. In: Nagaybaks (kompleksnoye issledovaniye gruppy kreshchyenykh tatar-kazakov). Kazan, 88–93.

Rakhimov, R.R. 1991: K voprosu o sovremennykh tadzhiksko-uzbekskikh mezhnatsionalnykh otnosheniyakh. Sovetskaya etnografi ya 1, 13–24.

Sokolovskiy, S.V. 2009: Ktyasheny vo Vserossiyskoy perepisi naseleniya 2002 goda. Naberezhnye Chelny.

Stalin, I.V. 1931: O natsionalnom voprose i natsionalnoy culture. Kultura i pismennost Vostoka. Kn. 7/8. Moscow, 5–13.

Starikov, F.M. 1891: Istoriko-statisticheskiy ocherk Orenburgskogo kazachyego voyska s prilozheniyem stat’i o domashnem byte orenburgskikh kazakov, risunkov so znamyen i karty. Orenburg.

Urazmanova, R.F. (red.) 2001: Tatary. Moscow.

Tishkov, V.A. 2011: Edinstvo v mnogoobrazii: publikatsii is zhurnala «Etnopanorama» 1999–2011 gg. Orenburg.

Tishkov, V.A. (red.) 1994: Nagaybaki. In: Narody Rossii: entsiklopediya. Moscow.

Federal’ny zakon ot 30 aprelya 1999 g. № 82-F3 «O garantiyakh prav korennykh malochislennykh narodov Rossiyskoy Federatsii» (s izmeneniyami i dopolneniyami), http://constitution. garant.ru/act/right/180406/